West Union’s Lady Eagles will put a team of three seniors, three freshmen and four sophomores on the floor for this season and first year coach Matt Thompson is hoping to the mix will produce a postseason playoff run for the team. Coach Thompson said “As far as the senior leadership, I expect a lot. […]
By Dennis Clayton Coach Josh Blythe enters year two coaching the Lady Urchins with three seniors Jade Anderson, Yadasha Daniel and Samantha Lineberry to provide the leadership for a roster filled with freshmen and sophomores. Anderson has the most experience of the three and she will be counted on to “control the game and to […]
By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange Hannah Russell understands she has a special role on this year’s Ingomar squad. “I realize I have the extra responsibility and there’s going to be a rebuilding stage,” said Russell, the lone senior for the Lady Falcons and the only player above the tenth grade on the roster. […]
2013 Myrtle girls basketball preview By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange The arrival of a new head coach has helped Myrtle begin its journey back to the win column. Rob Browning, a Union County native, is the third head coach in the past three seasons for the Lady Hawks, but the outlook is upbeat. […]
The New Albany Lady Bulldogs had the luxury of Jazmine Spears for five successful seasons, however Spears has not graduated and Coach John Stroud must now find a leader and scorer to pick up his 2013-14 edition of basketball. Coach John Stroud opened his interview by saying “Well, life after Spears, this is a new […]
The New Albany Elementary School Spelling Bee was held on Nov. 7. The winners advance to the Union County Spelling Bee in January. Pictured are l-r: Dakoyta Lesure, 2nd Place; Jill Gafford, 1st Place; and William Sloan, 3rd Place.
By Justin Gary Hello fellow Falcons! My name is Justin Gary, and I am your student council reporter with this week’s school news. Last Monday, Nov. 11, the 3rd and 4th grade classes held a Veterans’ Day Program. They sang patriotic songs, and recited short speeches to honor those who have fought for our freedoms […]
“How marvelous – how wonderful . . .” It was another familiar hymn, and the mega sanctuary of voices swelled into the lofty ceilings with this praise song. Once again the words were retrieved from my childhood, but these were adult words singing of our indebtedness to our Savior. The chorus carried the heaviest words […]
Editor’s note: Diners and shoppers near the Wal-Mart area may have noticed a strange commotion about noon Nov. 5. Here is a first-hand account of what happened: During a quick lunch break on Nov. 5, I spotted a rooster at the drive-through of Taco Bell in New Albany. I can’t say how he got there […]
By Martha Swindle Sherman Baptist Church will be hosting the Community Thanksgiving Service Sunday, Nov. 24, at 11 a.m. with Sherman Grove, Sherman Methodist, and other area churches joining the service. The Sherman Baptist youths are planning a skit, and lunch will follow in the Activities Building. No evening services will be held that evening […]
By Lou McQuary Curtis Melvin Moody passed away on Tuesday, Nov. 12. He was the son of the late Ruby and Doyle Moody, and he leaves several children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, in addition to his wife, Janice. He was a retired Master Sergeant of the US Air Force. Visitation and the funeral were held […]
By Susan Hooker The lovely shade trees of summer are now a golden amber as the oak leaves are now making a thick carpet on lawns in the neighborhood. Every wind or rain storm brings another wave. Sophie, Aden and I discussed stopping at the home place of the late Thelma and Dewitt Swords to […]
- East Union wins first playoff game in school history November 14, 2013
- East Union Lady Urchins look to build off last season’s success November 26, 2013
- West Union Lady Eagles have mix of experience and youth November 26, 2013
- New Albany Lady Bulldogs return veteran team in soccer November 26, 2013
- New Albany Bulldogs look to replace leading scorer November 26, 2013
- Swimmers raise $4,000 to support pool feasibility study November 27, 2013
- Thanksgiving break November 27, 2013
- Ingomar Tournament November 27, 2013
- New Albany takes a split in soccer with Caledonia November 27, 2013
- Climate controlled or elements of nature, it’s still sports November 26, 2013
- Sheli McClellan: Thanks for recognizing her! This was a huge accom...
- mary: thank you for your sympathy. We will miss Mom (Lou...
- Sheli McClellan: Love these kids! They're a hard-working bunch wh...
- http://www.sanctuarymusic.ca/: I all the time emailed this webpage post page to a...
- Erik: Hi it's me, I am also visiting this web site regu...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 10 months ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 12 months ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 1 year ago
- Thanks Jay! 1 year ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 1 year ago retweeted via MzTrazey