By Martha Swindle
The Founder’s Day Committee is planning the upcoming 125th celebration for Saturday, March 23. Current and former Sherman residents are asked to send in their favorite recipes for the Founders Day Cookbook to P.O. Box 434, Sherman, MS 38869. Or if already typed, please email them to email@example.com. The cookbook will include history of the town and many favorite recipes from Sherman residents. Deadline for submitting recipes is February 28.
The Sherman Baptist Men’s fellowship breakfast was Sunday, Jan. 20, at 7 a.m.
L.T.C. (Leadership Training Conference) will be Saturday, Jan. 26, at Sherman Baptist Church. Training will be provided to all church leaders and teachers. Conferences will include Bible Teaching for Adults, Building an Effective Youth Ministry, Reaching Preschoolers and Children, Deacon Ministry training. It begins at 10:30 a.m. and concludes with lunch.
A Youth Rally will be held Saturday, Jan. 26, at 4 p.m. at Tri-County Baptist.
The Sherman Church of Christ youths held their youth devo Sunday night, Jan. 20.
By Martha Swindle
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
- Where Did the Year Go? May 23, 2013
- Accidental childhood drowning can be prevented with locally available lessons May 22, 2013
- New Albany wins second straight tennis title May 22, 2013
- Junie Timmons, 83 May 22, 2013
- Dorthy Stanton, 83 May 22, 2013
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 96 days ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 162 days ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 190 days ago
- Thanks Jay! 230 days ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 245 days ago retweeted via MzTrazey