By J. Lynn West In response to growing interest in the building of a city swimming pool or aquaplex, aldermen recently allotted $10,000 toward a feasibility study on the matter. A group that would be directly affected and perhaps is most interested is the Tallahatchie Tidal Wave Swim Team. The group, which now practices at […]
Our schools are on Thanksgiving break this week and our sports activities are minimal as a result. Since this is Thanksgiving week, it seems to be a good time to share my thanks and appreciation. I’m thankful for the opportunity to share sports with readers each week. It’s great to have a job, but it’s […]
by Tyler McCollum If you were unable to make it to Ingomar this past weekend, you missed some great basketball games. The Falcons hosted their annual Ingomar Tournament on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It was a round robin format, meaning each team got a chance to play the other. On Thursday night, both Falcon teams […]
By Dennis Clayton New Albany and Caledonia squared off in soccer at the Tupelo soccer tournament last week with the girls taking a 4-0 win and the boys falling 4-3. In girls action, New Albany used a strong start in the first half as they sprinted out to a 3-0 first half lead. Scorers for […]
By Dennis Clayton Now we turn our full attention to the winter sports season with this week’s previews of our local basketball teams and soccer teams. After the football game Friday night I was told that now I could “Go watch games in a climate controlled environment.” Well yes, I guess I can and I […]
By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange New Albany might have fewer veterans coming back this season, but that doesn’t mean it will be intimidated. The 2013-14 basketball team plans to use its tenacity to make up for its youth. “We are very, very young and very inexperienced,” said head coach Brad Gray. “We graduated […]
2013 Ingomar boys basketball preview story By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange Ingomar understands what its head coach expects. “Definitely, defense is the main thing,” said Matt Hale, one of the top returning players on this year’s team. “Not letting our man get by us. We try to play as close man-to-man as we […]
By Dennis Clayton Coach Tim Henderson has three players back from last year’s team that saw a fair amount of playing time and will rely on these seniors lead the Eagles this season. “Hunter Jennings, Chase Cooper and Tyler Wooley saw a lot of minutes last year. Three guards, three leaders on the floor this […]
2013 East Union boys basketball preview By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange East Union’s success in its football program has kept the basketball squad from being at full strength during the early part of fall practices. It won’t take too much time for everybody to be on the same page. Head coach Tim McDonald […]
By Jay Tidwell Myrtle will play with the pedal to the floor, and new head coach Rob Browning wouldn’t have it any other way. “The thing is, you can always draw back, and it’s harder to amp up than it is to draw back,” Browning said. “We can always pull that rein a little bit […]
By Dennis Clayton The New Albany Bulldogs will need to replace 54 goals as last year’s leading scorer, Anthony Fernandez has departed. The Bulldogs return only one senior, but will look to a host of juniors and sophomores to fill the void. Coach Caryl Vogel’s sole returning senior is Aaron Catt, who will play either […]
By Dennis Clayton Coach Caryl Vogel will return nine starters from last year’s team but must begin the year with a new keeper as last year’s starter Shannon Goode has graduated as well as long-time starter on defense, Olivia Dunnam. Coach Vogel will again only have two seniors, with Hannah Anderson and Katelyn Watson being […]
- East Union wins first playoff game in school history November 14, 2013
- East Union Lady Urchins look to build off last season’s success November 26, 2013
- West Union Lady Eagles have mix of experience and youth November 26, 2013
- New Albany Lady Bulldogs return veteran team in soccer November 26, 2013
- New Albany Bulldogs look to replace leading scorer November 26, 2013
- Swimmers raise $4,000 to support pool feasibility study November 27, 2013
- Thanksgiving break November 27, 2013
- Ingomar Tournament November 27, 2013
- New Albany takes a split in soccer with Caledonia November 27, 2013
- Climate controlled or elements of nature, it’s still sports November 26, 2013
- Sheli McClellan: Thanks for recognizing her! This was a huge accom...
- mary: thank you for your sympathy. We will miss Mom (Lou...
- Sheli McClellan: Love these kids! They're a hard-working bunch wh...
- http://www.sanctuarymusic.ca/: I all the time emailed this webpage post page to a...
- Erik: Hi it's me, I am also visiting this web site regu...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 10 months ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 12 months ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 1 year ago
- Thanks Jay! 1 year ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 1 year ago retweeted via MzTrazey