Thursday, December 5 Basketball Ingomar at South Pontotoc Tournament Corinth at NAMS Friday, December 6 New Albany at Myrtle (Homecoming) Pine Grove at East Union (Homecoming) East Webster at West Union (Homecoming) Ingomar at South Pontotoc Tournament Soccer New Albany at “The Show” – Shiloh Park Saturday, December 7 Basketball Ingomar at South Pontotoc Tournament […]
By Dennis Clayton The finish to the Alabama-Auburn game will go down in history as one of the most memorable and dramatic in history. Who would have thought when the Crimson Tide lined up for the field goal that the end result would be a 100-yard touchdown return for Auburn? (Actually Chris Davis caught the […]
The following are members of the 2013-2014 East Union Homecoming Court: Allie Epting, Dakota Edwards, Mallory Roberts, Jacob Elder, Jessica Bishop, Carol Coker, Chip Gibson,and Stephanie Hardy. (not pictured Brett Rakestraw and Tray Davis) The Homecoming Festivities will begin at 1:30 and again at 5:30, weather permitting, on Friday December 6, 2013. All alumni and […]
By J. Lynn West In response to growing interest in the building of a city swimming pool or aquaplex, aldermen recently allotted $10,000 toward a feasibility study on the matter. A group that would be directly affected and perhaps is most interested is the Tallahatchie Tidal Wave Swim Team. The group, which now practices at […]
Our schools are on Thanksgiving break this week and our sports activities are minimal as a result. Since this is Thanksgiving week, it seems to be a good time to share my thanks and appreciation. I’m thankful for the opportunity to share sports with readers each week. It’s great to have a job, but it’s […]
by Tyler McCollum If you were unable to make it to Ingomar this past weekend, you missed some great basketball games. The Falcons hosted their annual Ingomar Tournament on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It was a round robin format, meaning each team got a chance to play the other. On Thursday night, both Falcon teams […]
By Dennis Clayton New Albany and Caledonia squared off in soccer at the Tupelo soccer tournament last week with the girls taking a 4-0 win and the boys falling 4-3. In girls action, New Albany used a strong start in the first half as they sprinted out to a 3-0 first half lead. Scorers for […]
By Dennis Clayton Now we turn our full attention to the winter sports season with this week’s previews of our local basketball teams and soccer teams. After the football game Friday night I was told that now I could “Go watch games in a climate controlled environment.” Well yes, I guess I can and I […]
By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange New Albany might have fewer veterans coming back this season, but that doesn’t mean it will be intimidated. The 2013-14 basketball team plans to use its tenacity to make up for its youth. “We are very, very young and very inexperienced,” said head coach Brad Gray. “We graduated […]
2013 Ingomar boys basketball preview story By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange Ingomar understands what its head coach expects. “Definitely, defense is the main thing,” said Matt Hale, one of the top returning players on this year’s team. “Not letting our man get by us. We try to play as close man-to-man as we […]
By Dennis Clayton Coach Tim Henderson has three players back from last year’s team that saw a fair amount of playing time and will rely on these seniors lead the Eagles this season. “Hunter Jennings, Chase Cooper and Tyler Wooley saw a lot of minutes last year. Three guards, three leaders on the floor this […]
2013 East Union boys basketball preview By Jay Tidwell Special to the News-Exchange East Union’s success in its football program has kept the basketball squad from being at full strength during the early part of fall practices. It won’t take too much time for everybody to be on the same page. Head coach Tim McDonald […]
- Cornersville-Blythe news November 21, 2013
- High-tempo Hawks reload at guard, stay strong inside November 26, 2013
- Urchins set sights on another post-season run November 26, 2013
- West Union Eagles hope to see steady improvement November 26, 2013
- Doing the little things well, big results in store for Ingomar November 26, 2013
- Sports Calendar December 5, 2013
- Special Teams December 5, 2013
- East Union Homecoming Court December 5, 2013
- Swimmers raise $4,000 to support pool feasibility study November 27, 2013
- Thanksgiving break November 27, 2013
- Sheli McClellan: Thanks for recognizing her! This was a huge accom...
- mary: thank you for your sympathy. We will miss Mom (Lou...
- Sheli McClellan: Love these kids! They're a hard-working bunch wh...
- http://www.sanctuarymusic.ca/: I all the time emailed this webpage post page to a...
- Erik: Hi it's me, I am also visiting this web site regu...
- RT @blongsports: A 9-0 Mooreville run prompts a South Pontotoc timeout. Lady Troopers up 9-2, 5:24 1Q. #DJpreps 10 months ago retweeted via blongsports
- If you follow @NANewsExchange, please follow @denclayton. Dennis covers local high school sports in the Union County/New Albany area. 12 months ago
- Thanks Shane! Appreciate it! 1 year ago
- Thanks Jay! 1 year ago
- RT @MzTrazey: Riverfest has changed location due to ongoing trial. http://t.co/qT9W2cem 1 year ago retweeted via MzTrazey